Today I figured out a funny problem. When you know it’s easy, but I lost an hour to understand what the hell was going on.
In my SharePoint 2010 Farm everything was going fine…I installed and configured the User Profile Synchronization, the MySite was well configured in a specific Web Application. I needed to search people so I went to the Central Administration > Management Application > Service Application > Search Service Application and start the Full Crawl.
Unfortunately once ended the Full Crawl I had this error on the log:
Error in PortalCrawl Web Service
I started to search and really don’t understand why…In the ULS I found this error:
PortalCrawl.GetSite(): System.NullReferenceException:Read More
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.